Senior Research Scientist, Health Communication
We are looking for an experienced researcher with a strong, proven interest in health communication and campaign evaluation. As a researcher, you have worked with diverse audiences — ranging from health care professionals to people with limited literacy skills. You have managed interdisciplinary teams and complex studies from beginning to end. You’re intellectually curious and enjoy thinking through research design for process and summative evaluation. You excel at translating research findings into meaningful health communication strategy and using a variety of metrics to measure success. You enjoy working independently and collaboratively, have experience giving and receiving feedback, and have outstanding organizational skills. You are passionate about making health information easier to understand and use.
- Master’s degree in communication, psychology, public health or other related social science (PhD preferred)
- At least 6 years professional experience with Master’s degree (3 years for PhD-level candidates)
- Demonstrated effectiveness designing and conducting evaluation research in public health and health communication
- Experience conducting mixed-method research with diverse audiences
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a project lead role, with an ability to establish and document processes
- Experience drafting and finalizing client-facing reports and deliverables
- Ability to travel (up to 1 week every 2 month) and work outside of normal business hours during data collection
- Experience conducting communication research in the private sector
- Experience consulting and/or conducting research on behalf of the federal government
- Familiar with IRB, Office of Management and Budget Paperwork Reduction Act, and nuances of research clearance processes
- Supervisory experience
- Solid working knowledge of common operating systems and software including iOS for Mac. Comfortable with digital-based work, especially digital project management and collaboration tools and video conferencing.
- English/Spanish bilingual candidates encouraged
At CommunicateHealth (CH), we acknowledge that our employees are the best and brightest, and we want to compensate you accordingly!
Competitive and equitable salary structure and profit share
A healthy social and emotional work environment
Personal and professional development and training